eye trouble

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sheltiefan

I played with chi chi today she was fine. But I just went to the mall and when I got home her eye is all gooey. I wiped it up and looks like its pink eye. Its just one eye. I have ointment from a previous eye infection. This is what it is. ( Neomycin and Polymyxin B Sulfates and Bacitrain Zink Ophthalmic Ointment USP ) I put some on her eye for now. What does it sound like? Do you think just giving her his will clear it up? The vet I use isn't a exotic pet vet. And the one that is a exotic pet is super $$

She may have just gotten some dust in her eye or scratched it with a piece of hay. See how it looks tomorrow and if it is not better, you may want to have it checked by a vet.

A regular vet should be able to treat the eye. Ask before to make sure. Oh and you can easily catch it yourself. I had my Doc lol'ing when I told him I had kitten eye.

so last night i put the ointment in her eyee that i had left over from a previous eye infection. And this morning when i went to put some more in her eye.
Her eye looks alittle better. Its still red ( like pink eye ) But its not goopy. What do yall think? Just contiune with the ointment i have?

Back