Eye hair loss

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LittleLostLena

A few months ago I took one of my chins to the vet as he didnt seem himself nor looked it
He turned out to have a tusk (ingrowing molar) which was digging into his cheek
We caught it early and were lucky as the vet told us if we didnt hed lose use of his jaw and we'd have to teach him how to eat again through massaging it
Anyways! He got surgery and was happy afterwards that is after his antibiotics etc
I noticed some hairloss around his eyes but the vet said it was natural due to the clamps the used to keep his mouth open during surgery
Hes been happy, got a new cage for christmas and has been running on his flying saucer!

But recently ive started noticing a slightly bigger patch of hair is gone from his left eye
Area is not red but looks a tiny bit flaky

A bit worried because from reading online theres many things that it could be ie ringworm fungus etc
Any ideas?
Should I bring him to the vet??

You should totally take your chinchillas to the vet! The internet can help you in many ways, but you should take your chinchilla to the vet just to be sure.

Probably time to trim his teeth again. Wet fur around the eye can look like the fur is missing but it is just matted down. Wet eyes are an indication of teeth problems. Yes a vet visit is in order.

Probably time to trim his teeth again. Wet fur around the eye can look like the fur is missing but it is just matted down. Wet eyes are an indication of teeth problems. Yes a vet visit is in order.

Yeah I've a feeling its starting back up again, but only starting, hes not due at the vet for his check up till next month, but I called them yesterday and made an appointment for tuesday the earliest

After making the appointment I gave him his sandbath and he seems good as new, always the same haha
Gonna bring him though anyways and grt everythint sorted still

Back