Eye Drop Question

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChinchieRoo

Vegan Pet Lover
Hello, my 13 year old gets an occasional irritated eye, the vet wants me to wash her eyes after dust bath, but didn't have it after the last time and she now has an eye that needs rinsing out. Was hoping someone might have the answer to this eye drop question. I tried finding some info on what specific brands others use, but couldn't come up with it. I couldn't find a saline without preservatives today, so I came home with two different eye drops that say they are preservative free and was wondering if anyone knows if either would work?

One is Baush + Lomb Sooth Lubricant Eye Drops
Glycerin 0.6%
Propylene Glycol 0.6
boric acid, hydroxyalkylphosphonate, purified water, sodium alginate, sodium borate

The other is Thera Tears Lubricant Eye Drops
Sodium carboxymethylcellulose 0.25%

Borate buffers, calcium chloride, Dequest, magnesium chloride, potassium chloride, purified water, sodium bicarbonate, sodium chloride, sodium perborate, and sodium phosphate

Has anyone used either of these products? I couldn't find the preservative free similisan. Thanks for any help.

Back