Expired Critical Care

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

obcsed

I have a dental chin with issues at the moment. I'm hand feeding and just realized the Critical Care I have has expired. I can easily get more but man this is a lot of Critical care I may need to throw out. I was just wondering what the problem would be with the expired stuff. It has always been refrigerated and sealed. It is about 6 months out of date.

I believe that it's the probiotics that loose their effectiveness when it expires. I have expired CC here too - I just supplement with additional probiotics to make up for what is no longer active in the CC. Never had a problem yet.

Refridgerated and sealed should help the CC be OK even after the 6 months, but I agree with GreyChins on it effectiveness once it is opened and the air has hit it. A little Bene Bac added to it should help add to it.

The expired CC is actually ok to use for any exotic other than GPigs. It is the vitamin C that stops working after the expiration date :D

Latest posts

Back