Exercise Wheel (UK)

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Awyth

Hey everyone,

I'm a new user to this forum as well as a new Chinchilla owner, I have dabbled over the past few weeks on whether or not to get my Chin an exercise wheel, after reading around this forum a lot of you seem to recommend ether Silver Surfers or a Chinspin, after a bit more research it seemed the Silver Surfer is better for longevity.

I tried to find a supplier only to come across this page
http://www.chinchillas.com/estore/detail.aspx?ID=106

However it would seem they only ship to the US, would anyone know any reputable manufacturer for Chinchilla exercise wheels in the UK and whether they would be safe for my Chinchilla or not?

I don't want to end up buying a plastic wheel for him and it being chewed >:

Any help is much appreciated. =]

I've been looking for a suitable one for 2 years now with no success :/ and I refuse to give my chins anything plastic so they have to do without a wheel sadly. John hopewell used to make chinchilla wheels in the UK but has stopped the past few years and says he has no intention of making them again sadly, as he's the only person I know of in the uk that made them. It's definitely a gap in the UK market that needs filling.

after a brief look on the Shelfridge site, it seems they only sell flying saucers for them to run on, I've read about these forums some owners chins have a harder time getting used to saucers over wheels.

shelfridges do sell the flying saucer, it's basically the only one we can get here in the UK. Mine got used to it, it took Tinkerbell about 2 weeks of sleeping under it before i started coaxing her to run by holding a treat in front of her nose lol They are great wheels though. I did ask a few places in america if they would ship, which they said they would but it was very very costly. you won't go wrong with a flying saucer x

Latest posts

Back