Excited to be here

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SRSimpson

Hello everyone!
My name is Sydney. I have always loved chinchillas, and got my first close to 6 years ago ( can't believe how time flies!). I added a second edition a bit after and have loved having them. Presently I have 3 gorgeous chins, a standard a mosiac and a dark ebony. The trio currently lives in a ferret nation that has been revamped. I took out the plastic, and put in wood shelves and a metal base pan floor that I bought. They have two hammocks, 2 PVC fleece tubes, a bridge and two PVC fleece cuddle ledges and are all spoiled rotten. Haha. Getting a rose hip or piece of dried papaya every other day and tons of chin scratches.

The current love of my life is a standard poodle names Ranger. He was originally a show dog. And a kennels main stud. However a but over a year ago he developed epilepsy so could not be used for breeding due to the possibility of passing it on. So lucky me, adopted him. He is now a canine good citizen ( AKC) and certified with Therapy Dog International. I work with people with developmental disabilities for the state so he comes to work with me occasionally.

I joined chins and hedgies, after having stalked this forums for years as I am hoping to get into breeding. I have been learning about breeding chins a bit by bit since I got them. And I have been doing more and more research. I hope to become well informed and knowledgable in it so I will know what I am doing and getting into. I want to start off with a small group of quality chins and see how it goes before adding more. Needless to say my current trio will not be in the breeding program, as only 1 has a pedigree ( we will see about her, depending on what I do. She was shown and got either 1st or 2nd place at Ohio Field day before I got her). I am planning on attending the NY/NE show to learn more, and also looking into getting some good quality chins, or kits from good lines and seeing how they mature before breeding them. I love genetics and chinchillas and am amazed by what many of you do. I just hope to have fun on here, learn and talk to all of you!:hug2:

Back