Evil Chin!!!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cherie18

Well I knoe I havn't posted in a while, but I have a serious problem Cherie's attitude has completely changed from skittish sweet cute loveableness, to evil biting, chewing throwing fits chin. I don't know if this has anything to do with getting Memphis (a small yorkie) but I have never let him out with her out of her cage & I normally keep my door shut so he can't ever get in my room do you guys know why she is acting this way? She's eating, drinking, sleeping, & playing normally. Its okly her attitude that has drasitcally changed.

What should I do? If she keeps it up I'm may be forced to sell her. I'm sorry maybe some people can handle having an animal that hates them, but I don't like being bitten all the time.

She is absolutely spoiled I have a 5 1/2 cage with a wheel decked out in everything people said I needed on here. I let her out as much as I can everyday sometimes I can't everyday but I usually make up for it by letting her out longer. She is on Mazuri diet-timothy hay-& plenty of wood to chew with fresh water every day.

Can anyone tell me why she has changed?

She might be going through chinny puberty. My drakenstein has never been overly lovey he actually is kind of a jerk. But i find it part of his charm. I would just try to take things slow with her. Maybe start over with bonding with her?

although she can't see the dog, she can smell it. a prey animal smelling a predator could be the reason your chin is antsy and cranky now?

i would spend as much extra time as you can with her, and go back to the bonding basics - read to her, just hang out next to her cage, etc.

biggest thing is, don't withdraw or react when she bites. this will teach her that biting makes you go away, and that isn't something you want her to learn. wear leather gloves to handle her if it is painful when she bites.

How old is she? This sounds like the terrible teenage behavior that they go through when they are still young - one of the perks of getting an older chin! :)

She may becoming territorial of her cage - either just a fluke or due to the new pet. Does she still bite you outside of the cage or just inside?

Latest posts

Back