Escape artist

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kendra

Ferdinand finally escaped from his play area, actually I think he knew he was busted as soon as he left considering he squeezed through a tiny space and creeped up to a bag of oats on the other side of the room. The punk wasn't even running or kack when I scooped him up (although now if I even motion like I'm going to step out of his play area he starts digging at the cardboard I have around).

So he's going to get a new, more easily secured, play area! I found a "small animal playpen" with bars 1 or 1 1/2" apart. It's 2 feet tall though and thought that seemed a bit low so I was wondering if anyone had any luck with being able to stack them safely or something like that.

I've heard of putting blankets over and I'm also considering doing the cardboard playpen idea (so glad that was reposted!), for that one though does anyone know of places where sheets of cardboard can be bought in person- it's difficult to get things shipped here.

Thanks!

You could go to TAP Plastics and get coroplast sheets ..even in colors ...but you'll have to supervise and make sure your chin'kid isn't chewing on his play pen :)

A 4' x 8' sheet is about $22 ...and there's a store locator on their website. (Google it!) The closest one to you (and me) is in San Leandro, but El Cerrito has more colors to choose from ;)

Oooh thats a cool idea! There's a big one out in Concord too I think.

99% of the time he's supervised so I think it should be good, the only time he isn't is if I'm running to get water or whatever. Have to think this one over... maybe I'll have to run out there and check it out. That would be even cheaper than the playpen dealy I saw!

I finally made one, going off the cardboard and plastic ideas- I end up with foam board-ok it made sense to me!

It seems to be working really well and is sturdy, he also doesn't chew on it which is good. I'm going to get some Velcro to make a sort of latch so I can go in and out easily. If I get my computer cooperating ever I'll put up pics, it ended up better than I thought it would!

Back