escape artist

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deliamaj

love my chins!
My baby, new to my house and 4 months old ( so I'm told), doesn't enjoy his cage. This doesn't surprise me since its getting a bit small for a growing chin, and I will be rectifying it this week. However tonight he suddenly became urgently interested in getting out. He has been in there for a bit getting used to his new home and he has had a chin-sitter watch him for a few days but she reported laid back behavior, nothing like this.

So his search bore fruit. He scared half my life out of me when he ran past my legs. So my question is... How do you catch an escape artist? I got lucky I think after a while but it might not happen that way if he gets out again before I can relocate him. As it is he's spending the night in his carrier which I hated to do but I have to find a way to fix the broken cage bar. Without using zip ties since he enjoys the taste of plastic.

Is there a good strategy for luring out and capturing a hiding chin in a super interesting room with a million hiding places and things to chew?

Danielle

Mine are always hungry so i bust out the treats and if i dont have any, i use some of their pellets.Then i just fab them.Or a dust bath works.:hmm::hmm::hmm:

My little monster can just pop open the door of her cage whenever she feels like it. She's even gotten to where she turns off the lights and opens up my bathroom door from standing on the counter ! But I agree with dust bath. If she's out and exploring, she could care less about any treat, but she's always down for the dust:)

Latest posts

Back