Elongated nipples but not pregnant?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kaliboo

Hey chin parents, I have a question.

Over the last week, I have occasionally felt something long and narrow on my chin's underside. I didn't think much of it, and then following day I didn't feel it and today I did feel it again. So I decided (much to her horror) to pick her up and try to take a look.

The culprit appears to be a long nipple, and then I found that she has one other on the opposite side. I have only noticed 2, but have read here on the forum that chinnies have 6. I've also read here that this is a sign of pregnancy, but my chinchillas is definitely not pregnant since she lives alone (she doesn't like to share her home!).

Is this weird? Common? I considered a vet visit (I get concerned quickly, ha) but would rather not spend the money if it isn't needed. So I thought I'd post here first and see what's up.

Thoughts?

Has your chin ever been pregnant? Perhaps prior to you owning her?

No...

No, she was only a haven't the old when I got her. I've had her for almost 6 years and haven't ever noticed this before. Is it weird?

Back