Edstrom watering system help

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eastcoastchins

So for about 2 months or so now I've been using the Edstrom / Agselect watering system. It it really covenient and great, except that I'm having problems with some of the valves. Some of the valves work great, and when I press the trigger water pours out. Others have to be pumped a little before the water comes out. Also, the biggest and more irritating issue is that randomly, a valve will just stop working even though the line is receiving water. I've contacted the company, who sent me five new valves to replace the five valves that had stopped working at the time I contacted them, but now I have several more that have stopped working. I don't understand why. Has anyone had this problem, or have any suggestions? Also, is there any way to make the valves that are slower to release water work better?

Thank you!!

I still use old fashioned bottles so can't really help you Steve but maybe it has something to do with hard water or deposit buildups?

I've used water line for some time now. While it has mostly been a good thing there have always been the spontaneous "issue" such as valves stopping...valves deciding to go "free flow" and just pouring into the cage...etc. I have found that a good cleaning of stopped valves USUALLY works to let them flow again. It is generally just a build up issue but from the sounds of things your system is fairly new and that really shouldn't be a problem :( I would suggest taking those valves completely apart and cleaning them to see if they work afterwards...if they don't, then I'd contact the company again. Another issue is chins that like to play with the valves...always a fun one to deal with.

Edstrom Original Drinking Valves or Edstrom Vari-Flo Valves? Also water tanks or direct hookup? If tanks how high above valves are they?

I have Edstrom Original Drinking Valves, and use tanks. The tanks are decently high, and water flows perfectly fine to valves both before and after the offending valves on the line.

I don't think it's a hard water issue, but I will definitely try giving them a good cleaning and see if that helps.

Thanks!

I have been having the opposite issue with my new Edstrom system with the Original valves. 1 random valve at a time decide to start having leaking issues and just yesterday 1 of them leaked the whole bucket into a cage.

They are brand new, have been set up for less than a month, and have only used purified water in it.

Latest posts

Back