Edible hidy-hut?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bigt1238

Okay, so i work at a pet store and i am also a proud owner of a six month old chinchilla! At work we sell edible huts, I am not sure whether or not it is suitable for my chinchilla. It does contain honey which i have heard different facts about. Would it be suitable for him? It is large and i think he would like it. Suggestions would be welcome and any facts you could provide are greatly appreciated.

these are the 'Snak Shacks'? not good for chins at all. that honey contains way too much natural sugar for their sensitive digestive systems.

much better to get them a wood house or a fleece tube or hanging house. many members here make and sell fleece and wood accessories. check out the classified section here!

Dani funny you mention the oxbow grass tunnels. My chins loves it so much that the can do a magic trick and make it vanish overnight.

oh, i think they're the cutest, and i want her to start taking chewing more seriously. i want to get her one soon.

Sorry if I'm misunderstanding, but do you mean the Snack Shack? If you do -- as others have said above, they're made with honey and not suitable for chins due to the fact that they shouldn't have any sugars. Better options are wooden hidey houses. Those always get mine chewing.

Back