Ebba Update

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kenzi

Today is Ebba's 17 week birthday!
She is doing fantastic.
Last night, Ebba spent her first night in her Ferret Nation cage.
IMG_1769.JPG

She weighs 355 g now.
IMG_1767.JPG

Of course the little piggy found the food bowl right away.
IMG_1783.JPG

Ebba is still as sweet as can be. I am so lucky to have her! She doesn't huff unless she really doesn't like something, but even then, I've never seen her raise her visor (its just noise). She is a cuddle bug, but enjoys a good exploration every now and then. Ebba is curious and loves to put her nose up and sniff around. She looooves chicken and veggie baby food (you can see her first encounter here.

I'm always thinking about her stump, its always something I check, but it looks really good. There isn't any redness or anything. I also was very worried about her mobility, but that doesn't seem to be much of an issue at all. I haven't seen her zip around as fast as my other girl Mila, but she gets around just fine. I really didn't know if she'd need/want a bigger cage, or if she'd be able to climb up the tube (I can't imagine climbing a ladder with only one hand very well) but I checked on her after about 10 minutes, and she was snoozing under her wheel! She also was on it last night when I checked again, and then this morning I found her in her pigloo which I am very happy about (She didn't had one, just her hedgie bag before, but she seems to like the comfort of the pigloo). I added some large pieces of fleece to the pigloo because she was a liner diver, and now that she is in the ferret nation, i can tuck the liner and she can't get under it :) but she seems happy burrowing in her pigloo instead.

Ebba is my little star. Trimming her nails is a breeze too. She likes being scratched behind the ears! and she still likes to lick me on the nose.

Ebba is adorable! I love looking at all the hedgie cage set ups. They always just seem so sophisticated and organized, as opposed to my chin cages! :wacko:

Yah Ebba! A little superstar :dance3: She is definately a miracle! She has offically passed her mother in size (Hannah is a little lady at 306grams) :thumbsup:

Latest posts

Back