ebay cages

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ebay cage

no, no babies. My girl is a little over 6 months old already and she is pretty big I must say. Nice and fluffy and plumped :)

looks ok, might rattle though. And make sure that you replace the shelves and no ramps are needed :)

I would spend the extra 30 bucks or so and get a Ferret Nation 142. More appropriate cage and probably fewer issues in the long run.

I'm currently using 5 of those cages and am in the process of changing everyone over to FNs.

First off, you will need to get rid of those shelves and ramps. They are a broken leg waiting to happen. Most of mine are divided into two cages. I had a piece of wood cut to make a full level in the middle. For the cage that has a bigger group, I cut a hole out so that they had two level access. I lined the bottom of the cage in wood because I won't risk feet getting stuck. I also had wood shelves cut that run from the back to the front of the cage. I also had metal guards made that go all around the top and bottom levels to try to attempt to keep the poop and mess in the cage. You will need them at the bottom sides as there is a bigger gap there that smaller chins can escape through (I found that out the hard way with Red and Blue having the time of their life running around the chin room). They're not bad cages, but not great. I have an extra cage stacked on top of each of those cages to make more room, so I'm actually converting to 3 story FNs to give the top cage inhabitants more room. I'm looking forward to getting all the FNs put together and everyone moved around. One group is going to have to stay in an old cage for now as I don't have enough FN's to complete my plan, I still need 2 FNs and then all 31 rescue kids will be living the high life.

Back