Ear

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rebecca1122

Charged By Chins.
I'm not sure if this is it isn't anything, but Oliver's ears (more his right one) have a little red (almost bumpy but barely if any) near the base of his ears. It's been this way since I got him, and it doesn't seem to bother him, so I haven't noticed it much.
Is it something to be concerned about? I attached a picture but its kind of hard to make out.ImageUploadedByTapatalk1353393596.256076.jpg

It looks like he's been scratching. Maybe his ear is dry? You could try using bag balm to see if he stops.

Yup, that's the stuff. Think of it as lotion for him to make it less dry and hopefully not as itchy.

A little bit of bag balm goes a long way! Just a fore warning lol I put too much on the first time I did ears on one of my girls and she was super cranky... lol

I didn't put that much on yesterday, but when I went to put some more on for today, the bag balm was still present on his ears and hasn't dried up. Is that normal?

I now put some more on and this is what his ears now look like. Do they look okay for having the bag balm on?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1353648566.766737.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1353648578.783511.jpg

Or at least I didn't think I put too much on, but I recently took some off and some that his fur stuck on to. Any advice with putting the bag balm on?

Does anyone know how long it might take for his ears to start getting better? Is there anything else I should do to help it?

Thanks!

You only need ti use a tiny bit and rub it in well, then wipe off the excess. It may take a few days for the dryness to go away. To help prevent it, cut back on dust baths.

Back