e-readers

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SusieJJ

chinnies215
Does anyone have an e-reader (kindle, nook, other) ?

What do you think of it?

I just got a Nook for my birthday from my boyfriend and I LOVE it! He got me the black and white one cause we went to the store and I looked at them and the color ones and decided I liked the black and white better because you can use it in the sun and stuff and still see it, and it seemed much easier on the eyes. And it seemed faster to me too, but that may have been my prejudice against the color one :p

I highly recommend it!!

Nook all the way! It's my favorite gadget after my macbook! I was one of the first to order the Nook when it came out and have been nothing but pleased with it! My mom wanted to buy it off me and have me buy the Nookcolor, but I much prefer the matte screen, because there is no reflection from the sun or lights inside!

I got a Kindle 3 for christmas. I usually don't like gadgets, but this thing is awesome! No more stuffing books into my nightstand drawers, and overflowing bookshelves! Plus, I can take it with me everywhere, it fits perfectly in my purse. My mom, my aunt and I all have similar reading tastes, so we registered all of ours to a single Kindle account, so we only have to buy a book once and we can all download it. It works out great!

I got a Kindle 3 for christmas. I usually don't like gadgets, but this thing is awesome! No more stuffing books into my nightstand drawers, and overflowing bookshelves! Plus, I can take it with me everywhere, it fits perfectly in my purse. My mom, my aunt and I all have similar reading tastes, so we registered all of ours to a single Kindle account, so we only have to buy a book once and we can all download it. It works out great!

That's such a great idea! I wish I had thought of that! :p Nook lets you lend some books, but the selection is very limited and seeming to be more so..

My nook is SO handy commuting on the train!! I can hold my coffee in one hand and read and change pages with the other - even WITH gloves on!!! That was a problem when reading books on my iPhone through the nook app. I couldn't read with gloves on. Also, regular books are VERY tricky to read with gloves on and one hand - turning pages, not easy!

And it's also great that you can finish one book and start another on the same train ride without having to carry around more than one book.

And I too love the sample feature, where you can read about 50 pages or so before you have to buy.

But I think the most excited I was so far was when I realized that the sample I was reading was a great book and that I had nothing to read at lunch and no wi-fi at work.. but the train has free wi-fi!! Between stations I was able to purchase and download an entire book :) A-MAZE-ING!!

:D

The only downside is that I might end up spending more on books.. having only to click and wait less than 5 minutes to get something is too easy :p

I looked at all of them before I bought and Kindle won hands down. I have the full sized Kindle and I can read (at normal size) an entire page. I love it. :)

I received a Sony pocket reader last year as a Christmas gift. I swore I wasn't going to buy an ereader and that I would always need to hold a book and look at the cover, but I love my reader! It's the perfect size, fits in my purse, easy to hold with one hand. I have looked at the nook though and have thought of that as well.

The only thing I would change about mine is the fact it doesn't light up. I have a clip on light for reading at night. I don't believe any of them light up--if someone has one that does please let me know!

What I love about the Sony compared to Nook and Kindle is that the books come in PDF or epub format which most of my book sites carry. I do have an ebook converter on the computer so I can easily change a mobi or HTML format over, but it takes two steps to get to the reader instead of one lol!

hhmmm...this thread is intriguing. I personally don't do well with change but the convenience of not having to carry books is nice. Though I never really carry more than one recreational book at a time. Also, I like the idea of not having a huge filled bookshelf, that's going to be the toughest thing to move when I move out of my apartment.

Can you get textbooks on these ereaders because that would be amazing!!!
I have downloaded echapters on my computer for classes before and I only bought the chapters needed, it saved me some good money. Are the books for these readers expensive?

But I like going to the transfer station or yard sales and you can get old books basically for free. Or of course there's the library. I guess the free thing is more appealing to me, being poor and all, for now. I'd like to look into getting one in the future though.

I love my kindle. I have only been asking for one for three years, and finally got it from my husband. It fits conveniently in my purse, and I take it everywhere with me. I saw other e book readers too, but by far, the kindle was #1 for my choice and still is.
For me, the books are dirt cheap to buy rather than buying paperbacks too. I have paid as little as $0.99 for an ebook on amazon, that I would have expected to pay at least $8 or more for the paperback version.
Saves alot of money in the long run, if you read alot too. :)

I love my Kindle so much that I named my new bunny Kindle!! I have the DX one and adore it! Best investment I made and I no longer have to stuff books in boxes as I do reread a lot of my books!

I got a Kindle with WiFi for my birthday even though its not my birthday till april (both my sisters have one and felt sorry for me) :D

I love it !! I go through sooo many books its nice to have them on one device, i also have a lime green case with a light :D

My dad got me something like this. At first I was hesitant, because I was only familiar with Kindle (which I love). It's made in China, but it has Wifi and is 3G compatible. After a bit of tinkering, I found out that I could upload almost any apps I wanted to it. It just takes a little time, but I have Kindle, Nook, and many other e-readers on it now, so my source for e-books is endless!

Back