Dwarf baby born from normal sized parents

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He has gotten chubbier and even cuter this week! I need an extra cute name, any ideas? I am going to keep taking videos and photos to document how he changes compared to a normal size chinchilla. He's very friendly too.

Aunt Rhonda is still gonna LOVINGLY call him Pip-Squeek and FYI I do plan on giving him some cuddles and lovin next time I am at your place...

So far he hasn't changed a bit. I left him with Mom instead of weaning him when I weaned his sister because he is so small, but he will be weaned this week with a younger group of males.

BUMP for an update. Is he doing ok still. He had such a cute personalty in the vid that I always come back to think about the cute little bugger from time to time. Also did you name him yet. =D

I will do some more video and pics. He doesn't look like he has grown and still has the same shaped head and nose of a newborn. Yes, I named him Pippin and call him Pip.

Last edited:
Pip, thats a perfect name! I hope the lack of growth isn't a bad sign. D= He better be cute for at least 20 years!!

Update on Pip

Here is an update on Pip. He doesn't seem to have gotten any bigger, but is very active and healthy. He is tiny boned and more narrow than my normal sized babies. He seems to try to stand as tall as he can where as most of my chins that are standing on their back two legs usually just squat down. The little medium ebony male in with him is 6 weeks younger than Pip. Here is a video url on youtube.com:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXvZGzDyOJI

Of course he kept wanting to stay in the only dark corner of his cage!

Attachments

• IMG_1653.jpg
    IMG_1653.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_1654.jpg
    IMG_1654.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_1658.jpg
    IMG_1658.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
Maybe he tries to stand up tall to make himself look bigger. He was in a cage with babies his own age, but they were so much bigger than him that I put him in with the younger male.

Latest posts

Back