Dusters

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Siylvat

I have been looking around for a new dust bath, and I was wondering, what does everyone think about dusters? Do they work well? Does dust get everywhere?

Also, how does a tip in duster work?

thanks everyone!

Sorry, i'm sure I wasn't thinking, I should have put this in supplies... if anyone can move it for me i'd appreciate it. Sorry again.

A lot of people use large, glass fishbowls. I have never used them but I would assume they would keep the dust in pretty well.

A lot of people use large, glass fishbowls. I have never used them but I would assume they would keep the dust in pretty well.

I've thought about the fish bowls, but I havn't seen one I like yet. So I thought I would look into dusters. Specifically I was looking into the ones from Ryersons, but I don't know anything about any of them.

Dusters are pretty basic. They are just rectangular metal containers you stick into the runs/cages. While there is nothing glamourous or fancy about them, they get the job done. That said, they do nothing to hold the dust in, so it can get quite messy if you have enthusiastic dust bathers. I also prefer just the rectangular ones over the tip in dusters because I like removing them from the cages so they have more space. I think most people with tip in dusters leave them in the cages and just keep the lid on when its not dusting time.

The lid on a tip in duster is outside of the cage, so the duster has to be tipped out or the animal will have 24/7 access to the dust.

Personally I think tip in dusters are nice, what I do not like is that most cages that have them use them as the door to the cage, which is far to small for my liking. I like a full opening front personally, but in a larger pet cage you could have a tip in and a door and I think it would be a nice setup

Latest posts

Back