dust house ideas

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SusieJJ

chinnies215
I need a new dust house for my chinchillas. I like to put it in the bottom of their FN cage for about half an hour or so, so it needs to fit inside. What do you guys use?

I thought about a fish bowl, but it didn't look like it would stand up.. I could see if falling over and that wouldn't be good

I use the gallon sized glass penny candy jars from Wal-mart for my chins. Each has one of their own except for the 3 that share a cage together. They only cost about $7-8.

I use the gallon sized glass penny candy jars from Wal-mart for my chins. Each has one of their own except for the 3 that share a cage together. They only cost about $7-8.

:thumbsup:That's what I also use when I'm not breaking them! I have the Ryerson dust boxes too. The seem to last a bit longer for me! lol

I let them jump inside. Just don't let your kids taken them upstairs to wash if you don't want to break any! Up here they are somewhat cheaper. I get mine for just under $6 each.I like the fact that you can sit back and watch them threw the glass.

For my bigger chins, I lay the jar on the side, otherwise they just stay upright. This is the one I have from Wal-Mart:

candyjar.jpg

candyjar.jpg

I have this one too. My boys love jumping into it and the angle makes it a little less messy/ good for digging. The glass is also so much fun to watch them through!

Latest posts

Back