Dust Baths and Kitty Cats

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DazzlRazzle

Animal Lover <3
So I know this isn't necessarily about my chinchilla, but I felt like it had to be posted somewhere because this is too funny.

So I was playing with Oscar (the chinchilla), and after each session of play time with him I let him have his dustbath. I just use a circular casserole dish that has a lid (quite perfect for dust baths since I never use the thing AND it has a lid!). But yesterday, I didn't put the lid back on and had it sitting next to his cage. I saw Emmy playing with it with her paw, but she immitates a lot of our behavior and thought nothing of it. Ever since I brought my hedgehog home, she'll roll up into a ball and start rolling around. I thought that she was just playing as a chinchilla since she saw him play in it a multiple of times. So of course I thought "oh how cute." ... Until the next morning. Emmy had PEED into Oscars dust bath after I went to sleep!!!

Things to understand:
1) This dust bath is a 1/3 the size of her kitty litter box.
2) There was barely any dust in it, about 1/4 of a inch of dust AT MOST
3) There was about a inch of pee in the bottom of it...
4) Her paws had to of been standing in her pee to be able to stand in the casserole dish...

She's done her pawing in the dust bath before, but this was the first time that 3 pieces of Oscars tiny poop was in it. Must've given her the idea to use it as her restroom on the 1st floor instead of having to go ALL THE WAY UPSTAIRS!

Thanks emmy :facepalm:

Back