Dust bath

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ninjaturtletayy

It's super dry and cold in the Midwest as we all know. So because of it I just started to cut down his dust bath to once a week as of this weekend. I didn't want to risk his poor little feet cracking open or anything. But I just watched him itch himself a few times during playtime tonight. Do you think it's just from having drier skin? It wasn't a lot of itching or for a long time, but still. Is there anything I can do (besides limiting dust bath time)?

It's super dry and cold in the Midwest as we all know. So because of it I just started to cut down his dust bath to once a week as of this weekend. I didn't want to risk his poor little feet cracking open or anything. But I just watched him itch himself a few times during playtime tonight. Do you think it's just from having drier skin? It wasn't a lot of itching or for a long time, but still. Is there anything I can do (besides limiting dust bath time)?

You can use bag balm on his feet and ears to help with the dry skin!

I'd watch his feet to make sure they don't get to dry to avoid cracking and watch his ears too. Other than that limit dust bath is a good idea.

If it isn't excessive scratching, I wouldn't worry about it to much but keep an eye on it.

Back