Dust bath question

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daina91880

I've had my girls for a week and a half now, and they've been offered their dust bath four times now. The first time, Bellatrix hogged it. The second, Narcissa hogged it. So I offered two containers, and that seems to have solved the hogging problems. My question is... How long do they need to dust for? I have no problems with Narcissa. She loves it and will roll around for as long as I leave the bath. Bella, however seems less entralled with the dust bath and will roll around a couple times and abandon the bath. Two minutes, tops. Should I be worried that she's not getting "clean" enough?

My chin goes nuts for it for only about two minutes. After that she loses interest in it and won't go back in, I usually leave it in her cage for 15-20 minutes every few days anyway.

I don't think you would have to worry about her not getting "clean" enough, you should offer it 2-3 times a week and they should be fine! :p

i only give a dust bath once a week, sometimes two times.
and i only give them the bath for 10 minutes.

I usually only leave the bath in the cages for about 10 minutes.

I give my chin her bath after playtime, since she doesn't get playtime everyday. So it's about 2-3 times a week and I just place it in her cage for about 15-20

We do bath time after play time too, she seems to get way more into it then than she does any other times. But she does the same thing, flips and rolls like a crazy thing for a minute or two then bounces off and could not care less about it. I've read a few times to leave it in for a while, so we did for about a week, but she never goes back after she's done. We opted to just take it out when she starts playing with her toys to give her more floor space in the cage and make sure we dont forget to go back for it later.

i do dust during playtime, and let the boys go in and out as many times as they please. playtime happens two to three times a week.

Back