Dumping food ._.

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smidgeyy

One of my chinchillas has been dumping his food.
I have one of those bowls that fit in the hoop and attach to the side of the cage.

He dumps regular bowls to and when I bought the one I currently have, the behavior stopped. It's started again and it's driving me crazy. I always toss food out but now he will go and dump a brand new bowl. Some days he leaves it alone, others he is determined to toss it.

Does anyone have any opinions on what I can do to stop this?

I have some that will dump their feed dishes too. They have the coop cups. When I can find my spare ceramic bowls they will get those.

What kind of bowls are those? Do you have a picture?

I've tried the heaviest one I can find, of various sizes and he still dumps it. The chins are in my bedroom and I'm not a fan of the clinking of the dish(I'm used to their sounds but this one is newer so I can't quite sleep through this yet)), plus I'm concerned that he is going to be finicky and not eat the food that was dumped... He could pee on it so obviously I don't want him eating that.

Currently I have a binder clip on the cup but he's still trying to take it out. >.<

Do you have the kind of cage that can accommodate J-feeders? For some odd reason, all of my chins don't turn over their ceramic bowls. Go figure.

I have the bowl that locks onto the side of the cage...They dont knock the bowl over, but they spill their food next to their food bowl...can anyone tell me what this means?

Latest posts

Back