dry skin?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lishreese

I know that I've seen this topic come up somewhere before, but I couldn't find it when I searched, so I'm asking. One of Bella's back heels looks a bit dry. I noticed because she was itching more than usual. It's not cracked and bleeding or anything that severe, but just a bit flaky. I usually give her a dust bath after playtime, but I refrained today because I've heard that can be a cause of dry skin, so I thought maybe I need to give it to her less often. I'm going to wait a couple days to give her the bath to see if it gets better, but is there anything else that I can do so it's not itchy for her? A teensy bit of bag balm perhaps? (if I can get her to sit still for long enough for me to put it on lol). Thank you!

It is normal for chin feet to look dry. You don't want to moisturize it too much. It's what protects their feet when they are jumping around on their wooden shelves, etc. Kinda like a callous. I wouldn't worry about it unless it starts to look excessively dry and irritated.

Thank you! She's been scratching at it and it looks dryer than her other foot so i'll put just a tiny bit of bag balm on it. I'll b sure not to overdo it tho. Thanks for the advice both of you!

Latest posts

Back