Dry feet

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crabe

I have a chin with dry feet . I've been trying to put vitamin E oil on them , but he won't let me hold him to do so. Any tricks of the trade ? I also cut his baths back to twice a week and put fleece liners in . I'm a new owner so any help would be greatly appreciated. I did watch the blanket burrito thing. Should I try that? Thanks

I always have help when doing that, have someone hold the chin while you apply the oil or vice versa.

You did good by cutting back dust baths. It is getting less humid out so dryness is more of an issue this time of year.

I have the same problem you are having now and I find it so much easier to have someone hold him while I dab it on, like StevieP said. I usually apply his gel at the start of playtime so he has time to run around and get distracted by it, less chance of him licking it off while I´ve got an eye on him!

yea i had the same issue. I ask someone to hold mine. The chinnies were less moving when someone else held them while I put it on. Def alot easier. =)

Latest posts

Back