Dry ears and tootsies!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jamtastique!

So earlier during playtime, I noticed Kila had a little piece of red on his ear. Upon further inspection I see his ears are very dry! He crawled on my face and I felt how dry his little feet are too.. poor thing! Darn dry winter!

The A/C is always on and my ceiling fan is on high so my room is not humid at all, and since I get nosebleeds in my room sometimes in winter it makes sense. Unfortunately I didn't know it'd be so dry that he would suffer!

Tomorrow I'm going to the grocery store to get some bag balm or something, but is there anything I could use in the meantime? I don't have any vitamin e oil/capsules, unfortunately.. Are any vegetable oils a no?

And I don't know if he'll even let me rub his ears or feet, he's very wiggly! How do I go about keeping him still?

Thanks in advance!

It won't matter if you wait overnight. He's had the dryness for however long already. Just get something at the store today and he'll be fine.

As far as applying it, you may have to wrap him up in a towel burrito style and then uncover his feet when you're ready to apply it. His head will be sticking out of the towel anyway, so they shouldn't be a problem.

oh ohkay! thank you. i'll be leaving shortly to get him something then. and i watched a video posted by RDZC showing how to "burrito" wiggly chins a few times.

i'll try and burrito Kila while he's still sleepy so he won't be as wiggly. i've never done it before so i'm just worried about accidentally squeezing him.

maybe i should check for a hair ring while i'm at it. hopefully he won't kick around too much for that one!

Back