Drooling chins

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ticklechin

Its best to get a dental chin to the vet prior to drool, when you have alot of experience with them you watch for the subtle symptoms and watch the weight-once in awhile one will get by you and drool before the vet appointment. Chins hate drool and being wet-dust baths only cake on the drool and the chin is a mess. I came up with this idea with Gino and have used it since with other chins so I thought I would share. You get a brick, clean and boil it and wrap it in a terry tea towel-don't worry about the drool chin chewing it, when they are drooling they will not put anything willingly between their lips, you need it to be a brick for the angles and weight. You then sprinkle a little dust on the terry towel. The chin will rub its face on the sides of it and rub the chest on it, the dust attracts the chin and the terry wicks the moisture away. Change the towel daily and the chin will stay pretty dry.

Back