Drinking Alot?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FabiannRamona

Ramona is drinking alot lately i refill her water 16oz ever 3 days and by then there is only about 3.5oz left in it is this normal? Also when ever i get her out for play time she has a ball but when i put her back in the cage shes bummed and wants out again and gets really hyper in her cage is this normal activity?

what is the temperature in the room you have her in? and do you have your air conditioner running all the time?

as for the after playtime behaviour, perfectly normal! lol. chins just can't get enough out of cage time (in their minds, lol) and that temper tantrum when they go back in is so cute! lol.

Is she in an air conditioned room?
I think it may be best to wash and fill the water bottle daily.
The running balls aren't recommended for chins, it gets to hot.
If she is enjoying her time out, she probably doesn't back in the cage.
Toys and ledges in her cage may help

Ramona is drinking alot lately i refill her water 16oz ever 3 days and by then there is only about 3.5oz left in it is this normal? Also when ever i get her out for play time she has a ball but when i put her back in the cage shes bummed and wants out again and gets really hyper in her cage is this normal activity?

Do you mean those plastic run around balls the pet stores sell for you to put your animals in? Members of this forum call them "DEATH Balls" for a good reason. The increased temperature, humidity, and lack of airflow in those balls are lethal to chins. A safe alternative is to let your chin out in a bathroom that has been cleaned up. I'm guessing that the increased drinking is due to the overheating and dehydration from having to be in the ball for any length of time.

http://www.chins-n-hedgies.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21201&highlight=death+balls

Last edited:
No i meant she has ball as in she loves running around jumping on the walls and is excited i'd never put her in a plastic ball its cruel and they hop so it would probably be the uncomfortable thing ever, my room is air conditioned and is about 70 degrees in day time and gets down to 68 some nights and i always have the ceiling fan on

water drinking little monster

If there is no leak, and she continue her drinking
drinking02.gif
habit. You might want her to be checked for diabetic.

Latest posts

Back