Dried Corn?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sheilabeilabobo

Animal/ Outdoors Lover
I've never heard anything good or bad about dried corn. When my chinchilla was playing, he got a dried piece of corn that I probably dropped while feeding my hamster. He seems to really like it, and I give him one once in a while. He also seems to like hamster pellets (alfalfa) as a treat. Is this a problem? And I have an apple tree and grape vine in my backyard... are twigs from these safe? I've looked it up and it seems safe, but you never know. He seems to really like the grape vine twigs.

I know corn is not a vegetable or a fruit, but to me it seems like common sense to not feed corn. It does not have any nutritional value for them and it is packed with a type of sugar...since we know most sugar is bad for chinchillas, corn is bad for chinchillas.

Grapevine twigs and apple tree twigs are safe IF the trees have not been sprayed with chemicals...ever. You would also need to scrub and bake the wood to properly "cure" it so that it is safe for the chinchilla to consume.

I know corn is not a vegetable or a fruit, but to me it seems like common sense to not feed corn. It does not have any nutritional value for them and it is packed with a type of sugar...since we know most sugar is bad for chinchillas, corn is bad for chinchillas.

Grapevine twigs and apple tree twigs are safe IF the trees have not been sprayed with chemicals...ever. You would also need to scrub and bake the wood to properly "cure" it so that it is safe for the chinchilla to consume.
Right, thankyou. ^_^

Latest posts

Back