Dottys Feet

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Siany

I noticed a while ago about Dottys feet looking a little dry, at the time i didnt do anything to her feet but i did put fleece liners at the bottom of the cage. However tonight i managed to catch her and have a little look at her feet and ive noticed they are still quite dry and are looking a little bit red, her feet are not cracking or swollen and shes jumping on them fine but im wondering if anyone has any ideas of how i can stop her feet from being so dry and maybe prevent from getting any worse.

I also wonder if her feet are like this due to having jumping room because when i had her from a breeder the breeder told me the intent was going to be for breeding, when she was unable to keep her i got the chance to have Dotty and over the past year shes become a lot more active and i just got the impression that she didnt have the chance to be so active before...Dont get me wrong the breeder did want the best for her but i just dont think she had the time and im not sure how Dotty was kept but when i had her she was unsure how to jump to other levels of the cage.

I was going to take a picture but i didnt get the chance as Dotty only wanted to go back and snuggle Lola :)

this time of year can mean dry feet in chins - the change in weather and drop in humidity sure dries my skin out!

a little bag balm, if it is available where you are, is good. rub it in very thin and really well. or use a liquid vitamin E capsule, poke it with a pin, and smear a little of that thinly on her feet.

you don't want them to be too moist, chins need their feet a bit tough and dry to withstand all the hopping and jumping around that they do.

Ok thank you :) The Bag Balm is a little too expensive over here so hopefully the Vitamin E will do the trick :D

I know people use Galens green cream on dry ears, So that's probably worth a try if you have some :)

I tried to go on the shop last night and the page kept coming up with errors and would load anything, i think i will try the Vitamin E for now and then when i got some more money spare and the shop loads again i will get some :)

Latest posts

Back