don't you just hate..

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

turtlemoon

...when you're randomly browsing cute chinchilla pictures online and in your searches there are ALWAYS pictures of chinchilla fur coats among the images you actually want to see?

it saddens me every time i see something like that, as i'm sure it does to any other chin-loving parent/guardian/caretaker. makes me feel like hugging my chins and being glad that they're pets and not someone's sleeve as part of their coat or something. i feel bad for the hundreds, thousands, (more?), chinchillas, and any other animal for that matter, that are killed for their fur every year. :(

With out fur ranchers you wouldn't have any pet chins. I wouldn't judge the industry if you do not fully understand it. You don't have to like the idea of fur pelting, but without that industry you wouldn't have your pets.

I don't actually see a problem with it provided the animals are well cared for. I haven't had chin fur items but I've had fur items before. I've raised rabbits for meat and tried my own pelts but it was just too much work and there's no market for the excess.

You also need to remember that this is a pelt neutral forum. No derogatory remarks are allowed towards ranchers or pelting, any more than they are toward pet owners. Threads like this can only lead to issues down the road, so I am closing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back