Don't think I'm up for another one.

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Milo10

After the things that happend with Milo, I don't think I'm up for getting another chinchilla. Sad I know, But she was like my baby. Maybe in the future when I'm ready I will have another one.

Yeah, give yourself some time to heal. You never know if and when you will be ready to get another friend.

Take care..

ususally the opportunity will present itself at just the right time and then you will know that it was meant to be!

even though my chin experience is very limited, i fully believe that the chins find you. when i answered the kijiji ad for chin babysitting needed i didn't know it was little Gery looking for somebody to love her and spoil her (albeit temporarily), but now i do!

I'm sorry you had such a tough time with owning a chin! Poor baby :-( but you took good care of her and she had a much happier life since she was in such good care the remainder of her life. Sometimes it's just so unfair. You will never be able to replace Milo, but I don't doubt you will find a new little friend eventually!

That's probably a wise decision. Although no one would hope so, if you got another one and it got sick like Milo did, I think it would be really hard on you to have to deal with that twice in a row with no time to regain your mental strength in between. Just give yourself some time to recover and then assess whether you have all the resources and whether you want another pet when the time comes.

Its not that I didn't have all the things I needed for when she got sick. I took her to the vets everytime something was wrong, fed her CC, Gave her meds to her and kept and eye on her. Its that she was sick from the begining, and couldn't get healthy. I checked on her the morning before she passed and she was up and eating, no signs of the URI returning. I then checked on her that same afternoon and she was doing fine then to again no signs. I went up there later that night and she was gone! She was only like that for an hour. So I don't know what happend :(

I just meant assess whether you have the resources when you decide to get another pet...not whether you have them now. Sorry, I wasn't trying to say you don't have enough money or time or anything at the moment. Things happen and people lose those resources over time is all. I guess I could have just not said it and let it be a given that you would consider those things.

I'm sorry you had such a hard time with Milo. I hope in the future you find a wonderful companion....of any species!

A lot of my pets were rescues or purchases that were sick. It is truly heartbreaking and I can kind of understand how you feel. The ups and downs of dealing with an illnesses creates a bond that is quick and intense. When you lose them despite every effort to save them is heartbreaking. I hope when your heart heals that another beloved pet will come into your life.

Back