does your shin prefer just the tops of the hay?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kerri101

I was noticing my chin eats the tops off all his hay first and then if I do not give him more he will eat some of the rest lol......its to cute he eats them like corn on the cob

do you chins do this too?

yes one of mine does that. totally looks like they're eating a tiny corn cob. it's cute. I usually offer him a fresh piece from the hay bag whenever he's begging at the cage door.

Haha my chins make a mess of their hay and yes, they usually really seem to like the fuzzy tops. I agree, it's really cute and as you said it's like they're eating corn on cob.

Hey Kerri.

My crazy sense of humor tells me my "shins" prefer a razor blade! :hilarious:

Hee Hee........

Chins are so silly. Some like those fuzzy heads and plow through them and others just like diving into a switch of orchard grass to mix things up around here. My favorite is giving out applewood to my 18 chins and closing your eyes. The sound always makes me giggle. Because I know they are enjoying such a treat.

my chin isnt quite as picky but my old guinea pigs do this alot. They will freak out with purring as i feed them the hay tops :p I almost think they consider it a treat.

Back