Does your dog get along well with your chin(s)?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine are fine with the chins. All they really care about is what comes out of the chin...they think they are treat dispensers! :vomit:

Mine too! I swear, whenever a poo hits the floor, it will wake my Pom up out of a deep sleep and he thinks it's snacktime. It's a wonder that I ever have to sweep! Nasty.

I keep a baby gate on the chin room door way all the time so my dog rarely gets in there. When she does she likes to watch them and usually gets too excited and begins barking at them. She also likes to eat her poop. Hence, the baby gate. I wouldn't trust any dog to be out with one of my chins while they were running free...I don't care how friendly the dog is. It only takes a split second for the dog to decide to chomp the chin and then it's all over.

yeah a baby gate is a really good idea. thank you for the pointer.

I have 2 great Danes. They are not allowed in the chinchilla room at all. They will sit in the door and watch whenever I am in there but I do not let them near Lola at all. If the Danes attempt to come inside the room I assure them everything is ok then push them out and close the door. Lola is not crazy about their attention either so it is best to keep them apart. I have a decent sized house so it really is not a hardship but if you can not assure your chin a private room I would avoid it until you can.

Back