Does your chin use a hammock?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What does your Chinchilla prefer to sleep in?

• Total voters

cherie18

Hey guy, I'm thinking about making Cherie a hammock-but I don't want to go buy the hooks if it's rare for a chinchilla to use one.
So what does your chinchilla sleep in most of the time?

Cherie mostly sleeps on her ledges, but right now she is sleeping on the cuddle cup I made her...:clap1:

my girl won't lay in her hammock, but she'll go in it drop a few brown tic tacs and then leave lol.
and my male doesn't have one yet.

LOl How funny ohk Thanks guys, does anyone know the best thing to use as a tube to cover in fleece? Or would it be easier to buy one?

I have corner hammocks for my guys, but after I bought them and realized they weren't being used I started using them for hay. Now I occasionally see them lounging in their hammocks after the hay is gone.

Mine tend to change positions throughout the day. I do have chins who will crash in them though.

Leo absolutely loves his hammock. I recently redid his entire cage and made new shelves and everything, even added in a fleece covered pipe. I was originally going to take out the hammock but he loves it so much I felt guilty and left it in. He hasn't taken to the pipe yet though...(I'm afraid it might be too small)

I had one in there for a short period of time, but due to lack of space I took it out until I transfer them to their new Ferret Nation. Jasper ran in there and jumped right back out, I think he got scared when it moved! I did find poo in there in the mornings though, so someone was in there! They LOVE their fleece tube, they sleep with their heads poking out of each side. I'd say it'd just be easier to purchase the tube and the fleece from a vendor on here, they're very inexpensive. Now I just buy covers for them to match whatever fleece theme I have :)

Mine do use them, but they also like to sleep on shelves and in houses. It's nice for them to have the choice. Even if some of them use them as trampolines.

Ozzy loves his hammok, i have pics of him with his nose hanging out sound asleep :) its the cutest thing ever lol

Silver and Dragon sleep in a little hideaway but Dragon especially likes his fleece hanging cube, he sits on top of it to eat his sticks and goes inside it to try and take a dust bath, he rolls so much he has actually ripped part of it so I need to buy a new one :S Before I gave them the hideaway they used to both sleep in the cube stacked one on top of the other with just their heads poking out.

Neither of them will touch their tube though

The first day I gave Zidane his fleece tube he ran in it, popcorned then went back inside and wouldn't leave it except to eat/drink/pee for the next two days, lol. That was September and even to this day, that is still his favorite place out of all the shelves, hidey holes, fleece house, and hammock, the latter two he just got for Christmas. He has however left evidence of trying the new additions out though.

Usually whenever he is sleeping either part of him is in the tube or he is sleeping on the ledge right behind the tube. (he can actually lay on both at the same time since the tube is directly in front of the shelf.)

Twibble either sleeps with his cuddle buddy, on a ledge or in his hanging fleece bag.

The girls, on the other hand, they sleep in their house or hanging bag. :p

Three of my chinchillas have a tube that they absolutely love. They all try to cram themselves in it at the same time to nap. My other two have a hammock that I have NEVER seen being used, but there is plenty of evidence that proves they do. There are also houses in both cages that are almost constantly in use.

I had one in there for a short period of time, but due to lack of space I took it out until I transfer them to their new Ferret Nation. Jasper ran in there and jumped right back out, I think he got scared when it moved! I did find poo in there in the mornings though, so someone was in there! They LOVE their fleece tube, they sleep with their heads poking out of each side. I'd say it'd just be easier to purchase the tube and the fleece from a vendor on here, they're very inexpensive. Now I just buy covers for them to match whatever fleece theme I have :)

Yeah I'm wanting to get her a fleece tube because she loves the hay tube I bought for her to play in-but I want it to match my fleece, so are there any websites or videos that would show me hoe to cover a tube in fleece? cause I have enough fleece leftover from her liners I made...?

Go to the housing and supplies thread and the top post has a list of DIY tutorials. Fleece tube covering is there =)
I tried to post the link but it didn't work :wacko:

my Rhino LOVES his fleece tube (large metal coffee can underneath the fleece, all sharp edges crimped down good). Guss likes his corner hammock where the bottom of it rests on a fleece covered shelf.

I have never seen my chinnie in her hammock, but there is poop there so she must go in it at some point. She likes to sleep in her hidey house or in her tunnel.

Latest posts

Back