Does your chin squeak back at you?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Linzizzlejo

i love my chinzillas
So yesterday I had a great bonding moment with one of my males, Ringo..... i put my four fingers in the cage and gave him scritches and he groomed me in return... i squeaked at him in low, soft squeaks and he squeaked back :) This lasted for like 10 minutes. Does your chin squeak back to you??

Mine will squeak quite loudly when he wants something. Last night, I came home and his room was dark and quiet. As soon as I rounded the corner to where he could see me he started. He would not stop until I turned on the light and the TV. Then he took up his shelf-potato position and stared at the TV while I went about my business. Never heard anything else until I said goodnight without giving him his nightly sticks. He grabbed the cage looking like a jail-bird and started again. I guess I was being scolded that time for missing the routine.

When Nixi was a kit, we squeaked at each other all the time. Once she and Buddha became teenagers, it all changed to loud, demanding barks. Occasionally, I can have squeak conversations with Nixi and Maia during a grooming session, but the boys have no interest what-so-ever.

Yes, Ferdinand will squeak back! Chimney squeaks when I give Ferdinand attention, Ferdinand has caught on now and squeaks if I give Chimney attention.

awww lots of peoples chins squeak back :D awesome ... my chins don't get too close with me, i'm just the person who feeds them, so it was a really nice moment to finally connect on a squeaky level :)

Mine doesn't make a sound, but he's only around 4-6 months. Maybe in time, he'll get more vocal. Our cat is the same way, rarely makes a sound.

Back