Does your chin(s) chew fleece?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do your chin(s) chew fleece?

• Yes

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • No

Votes: 19 86.4%

• Total voters
Chilly never touches his fleece, but Momo will nibble it on occasion. He hasn't done any damage to it or anything, so they're both fine. :D

Tucker used to chew small in his fleece when I changed something as simple as what side of the room he was on or who was caged next to him.
When rearranging the room I had to leave his cage where it was and leave Shiloh's cage next to his (playtime buddies). The rest of the room I could change and he was fine.

Mine doesn't! He had never had fleece before I got him and so when he had it for the first time he gave it a little nibble here and there but doesn't chew it or try to eat it.

This sounds great so far! I am picking up my two chins in about 2 weeks :dance3: and I finished making A LOT of fleece for my two little guys.

1 cage backing/top
5 sets- (10 total) 3layer liners
9 tube covers
6 hammocks
3cube houses with pillows

And I really just hope they don't chew it up, they have not been on fleece. But that would be a lot of money and time if they decide they like chewing it!

...but worst case scenario I could just sell it all.

Two of my four are fleece chewers, but the behavior was limited to the fleece covering their PVC tubes. Switching to aluminum tubes solved the problem.

No. Just a nibble here and there! I've only caught him doing it to the fleece on the ramps.

Latest posts

Back