Does your chin do this?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sheltiefan

My chin LOVES to roll in her bedding about as much as she loves to roll in her dust. That is the only reason i use the carefresh bedding. I tried the pine bedding and I am guessing it pokes her in the eye that is why everytime I used it she would get a infection.
So does any of your chins roll in there bedding

Both of my chins seem to enjoy rolling around on their wood shelves under their lava ledge. I have no idea why. Haha!

My chinnie Dotty rolls in the tunnel before she comes out, the kind of roll she does when bathing in the sand :D

Henry rolls around on my carpet, and on my bed, especially if he wants me to give him his dust. He goes roll, roll, scrabble scrabble...pointed look at me. If I'm foolish enough to think I can ignore him, he'll keep going until I get the message and do as I'm told, heh. Oh, every time he goes in one of his cardboard boxes, too, apparently just for fun, I have no idea why.
If you put the dustbath in her cage for her to dust, maybe there's still some dust in her bedding? Finding even a little bit of dust seems to set off that 'dust instinct' of theirs sometimes. :D

Totally agree with Amphy64. I also use carefresh bedding and give the dust bath in my chin's home. If there's residue dust, she will roll in the shavings. Additionally, if I give her a lava bite or pumice stone, she will make her own "dust" and roll in it too.

Silly chins...

the only place Rhino rolls around is in his dust bowl. i just upgraded him from his old plastic green one to a huge metal mixing bowl. he's so much happier with the bigger space to make dust fly, lol!

giving chins their dust in the cage might not be the best idea - dust can get into the food and water. i put Rhino's dust bowl out during every second or third playtime (depending on humidity), away from his cage.

giving chins their dust in the cage might not be the best idea - dust can get into the food and water. i put Rhino's dust bowl out during every second or third playtime (depending on humidity), away from his cage.

I see absolutely nothing wrong with dusting inside the cage. I did it for years when the chins had their own room. The dust in their food isn't going to hurt them and if the water is in a water bottle, it can't get in the water. I'd rather have it in their cage than all over my floors or furniture especially with my allergies.

My chins love to roll around in fresh shavings. If there is one hogging the bath, the other is usually outside rolling around where ever they are. I even have some that will start rolling when I even tap on the dust bath.

I was worried about the dusting in the cage too, actually. I just take their hay box, food, and water bottle out of the cage and then put the dust in there.

I agree with Stacie, I only have them take dust baths in their cage (in their own room) because I don't want dust in my living room. It doesn't really matter though, it gets EVERYWHERE! LOL!

i put Rhino's dust bowl in the knee space under the desk in my room. yeah, dust gets all over the carpet under there and i have to vacuum it really good frequently, but at least it stays in that knee space! lol. i used to have a cardboard box with a door cut in it over his dust bowl, but i found he was sneezing a bit while dusting so i took away the box. no more sneezing now.

i give mine their dust in their cage, but i remove all the food dishes and hay before hand to make sure the sand doesnt get on anything. And ill put it back in once everythings done and setteled

Back