Does anyone have any experience with heart tumors?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Airyn

My friend's sister has had two white chins. Both lived for 7-8 years, and both died of a heart tumor. I couldn't find any threads with a similar situation on here and was just wondering if anyone else had experience with that diagnosis. Since they both passed of the same complication, I'm curious if the cause was more likely to be dietary, genetic or a combination of the two.

Both were fed dried cranberries and raisins, low quality feed, and timothy hay with dried veggies added (All Living Things). I explained the proper diet after they lost their first chin and even went to a show with them. Evidently, I didn't have much luck in that department. People will do what people will do.

Thanks in advance for any insight!

I don't have too much experience with chins (still being somewhat new myself) but I'd say that diet probably had something to do with it. Obviously you know what a chin should NOT be fed, and did your best to inform. I'd also say genetics plays a part too.

Latest posts

Back