does anyone else's chins do this...

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mommyslittlechins2010

wanna talk about wired behavior??? my chins for some reason like to climb the sides of the cage and the roof of it up side down.....i think thier trippin on the hay they eat at times. lol lol i don't know what gets into them but they get pretty erattic in that cage of theirs... lol lol they used to bark at eachother for it but now they don't they all do it and it's carzy some nights...:):):)

Yea my chin climbs up her cage walls too. She'll launch herself from a shelf or the floor and latch onto the wire like a spider monkey!! I've never seen her walk upside down on the roof, yet (my mice used to do that all the time though). Chins are weird, hehe.

Yep. I call it "Spiderman(ing)". Crash does it pretty regularly, though he stopped hanging from the ceiling when he hit about 400g. I think he fell and missed the hammock once and it taught him to think twice. I even have a little song I sing him when I catch him doing it, because I'm a dork like that. :rofl:

Mine has never done that but he loves to make the chin spin go as fast as possible then stop and ride it upside down. It makes me laugh every time.

yea its normal, just be sure that the animal isnt climbing too high, especially if its a high cage. A fall can be disastrous

My little momma's boy Roo does the "spideychin" too. And yeah I sing the little song when he does it.Hey I'm crazy and can admit it!!!My two rescues Pooh and Lumpy took about a month to figure out their flying saucer.Pooh started out by hopping on it and just sitting there swinging back and forth like I do.My hubby swears my whole family is screwed up because we are all rockers!We even rock/sway when we aren't in a rocking chair!:laughitup:

I don't have a climbable roof on my cage but Porter climbs his door all the time. I've caught him drinking his water bottle hanging upside down on his door before... too funny

Back