Does anyone else spend more of thier chins than themselves?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just realized that as of next week within the last two months ive spent around a grand on my chinnys...
I havent bought myself anything in this time and it made me giggle alittle
Does anyone else have a spending problem as far as chinnys go?
I just feel like they need ever cool fun new thing i see

I think everyone probably spends more on their chins then themselves...lol..
Between the chins, my kids and a hubby....i rarely spend time on myself.

Not that i couldnt if i really wanted too but i would rather them all be happy....

Yea im thinking its impossible to not just go crazy buying them everything in the world :p
I cant wait to get some pictures of my FN up once i get it and all my fleece stuff

I definitely spend a fair bit of money on my chins; just ordered two more hammocks this morning and I've got a big order coming soon: pellets, supplement and lots of toys. The second Chin Spin arrived a while back and I still need two more but am holding off a bit b/c I did just by myself a dishwasher last week but that's the first time I've really bought myself anything significant in years.

I also pop into the pet shops to pick up lava ledges/landings and dots which really add up in price and Buster literally has a dot a day habit. I don't even want to keep track of all the stuff I buy for my chins b/c I don't want my husband finding all those receipts. He knows I like to buy stuff for them but he really has no clue how much I actually spend and I want to keep it that way, hehe.

I definitely spend way more on Tia than I do on myself (I'm not even counting vet bills). I recently bought two new shirts and a new pair of pants and belt for myself, but they are for my new job! Whereas it seems that every month I put in an order for my little girl. :) I just love spoiling her and making her as happy as I can! And if I have the money to do it, why not? At least it's more constructive than something like cigarettes!

(No offense to smokers, I just could never justify the money for that habit... :wacko:)

I think it is a resounding yes in my house as well! Chins are the most spoiled little cuties ever!

Hopefully I can start buying myself some nice stuff starting next week :p
Ill finally have all my fleece stuff i could need and ill only need to buy food treats and toys

Other than buying the dishwasher that was LONG overdue, and it's actually a family purchase, so not just for me, I have recently been buying myself a new CD every two weeks when I get paid. I am not a clothes horse and I've had the same makeup forever and my sister gives me all her hand-me-downs from tops to furniture so I rarely buy any of that stuff either. It does feel good to treat myself sometimes b/c I do think I work pretty hard so CD's it is for me these days. I just seem to get way more pleasure out of seeing my guys enjoy all their new things.

I have three kids, so I spend lots on them, not that they ask for a lot, but there's always something. Next, it's the pets, Aldo the cat, and Kiwi, and Fins, my sons Betta. Doesn't cost much for them though really. Every now and then I'll order my self some books online, but I hardly ever buy myself clothes.........shoes don't count as clothes right?

Yea I do too. I find when I need to do a shopping spree, more than not it is for them. I love getting new things for them to try.

oh absolutely here too. I was just talking to Derek about this.. I used to always online shop for things for myself, but now I always find myself on QMC or PPBN! it's terrible because I don't work that often! haha I am a full-time college student and I only work like two days a week but i loveee buying things for my boys. I love spoiling them! However, I always keep a specific amount of money in my bank account in case of any emergencies. It's getting tough though with all the new things on QMC though! ahh! hahah glad I'm not alone in this :)

I am going to have to say yes! On a daily basis I hear from my boyfriend, "honey you have a package, let me guess, it's for the chins!" and he is normally right :D

I think the right question here is who does not spend more on their chins. You should have seen me stalking the post man at the office when I was waiting for my PPBN order to arrive. I LOVE everything I got and Shelly has no idea on which toy she is going to attack first.

I have never wanted an air conditioner in my house even though it gets pretty hot here in MA in the summer and hubby and I toss and turn all night in the heat.

But today I went to Walmart and bought one for the chins! How bad is that! Also just bought them (off craig's list) a new cage and I'm waiting for an order of toys and shelves to come so I can decorate their new home!

I also took everything out of my daughter's room (she hasn't lived at home for 8 years) and turned it into a chin room with a vinyl floor, comfy chair & tv(for me)!!!

So yes, I definately spend more on the chins than on me or hubby or the house! And besides, I don't care for my weight, so it's definitely not fun! Buying for chins is fun!

O I have to agree! The chins definitely are more spoiled than the 3 of us combined. We are in the process of buying a house so we are hoping we made the tax credit in time and I made a whole list of things I wanted to buy the chins from QM and a list for FC. I wanted to spend $200 on them so they will have some new toys always available when they get bored with the old ones. Plus after we get settled I want to make some new things for their cage or possibly buy another FN cage so they each have their own FN (how spoiled is that!). :)

Im a muscian and a animal lover trust me theres lots of guitar suff that I want but I spend all my money on my pets maggnum my cat koda ms cheddar and nipsee my three mice and charlie my bearded dragon. and this monday when I go pick them up my two chinchillas:)

I think it is safe to say that any chin owner, good or great one's anyway, will do what ever it takes to make sure our little fur butts are comfortable and spoiled rotten! :)

I recently fell and busted my knee up when I slipped and fell in my bathroom and instead of going to the ER right away, I waited until the USPS carrier delivered my box of ledges so my chins would have plenty more ledges to jump on while I was in the ER and possibly the hospital for a few days. It ended up not being serious enough for that, but my friends and family think I am nuts for having waited..

Back