Do your chins....?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lydz

When your chins eat their pellets do they leave behind little stubs where they were holding the pellet?

I find this so funny. I look in the morning in their bowl and there are all these little stubs of pellets left in there and I find them all over the floor where they drop them.

yes definitely...my little girl loves wasting pellets...in the morning all i find are stubs and left over pellets lol...i swear i don't know what she would do in the wild lol...so wasteful...its hard to get mad with that face tho lol :)

Yes! And they refuse to eat the rest of the stub too. Although only 2 of my girls do this, the other 2 eat their pellets nicely.

As soon as the pellet is no longer long enough to hold and munch my chins drop it LOL. Why bother when you can just get a nice new long one to eat!

LOL! All mine do this also...half the times it'll look like there's a full bowl of pellets, but no, those are just the half-eaten rejects... haha.

Yup, mine do it too!! You'd think there was something "wrong" with the other half of the pellet LOL!

Back