Do your chins mark territory?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chinchilla63

I have two separate play times for my three chins. (Only two are paired.) They are all girls. I usually clean up any poop or pee in between their play sessions, but I must have missed a pee spot on a towel on the floor. I noticed one of the girls hanging around the spot, kind of hunched over and almost waddling like a penguin. I couldn't tell if she was trying to pee where the other chin had peed, or what she was doing. As soon as I came over she bolted, and then came back when I walked away and started doing it again.
Do your chins get upset if they smell other chins they aren't bonded with in the play area?
And now Chin # 1, the solo girl, is sniffing one of the climbing toys and glaring at me like I've been cheating on her.

Mine will make where the others have...lol I also have 3 girls 2 bonded and one solo..

My chins mark their territory on new items like the couch or my parent's bed. They could be marking their scent over the other female's urine spot? But I've never really heard of that before. I also have 3 girls - 2 bonded and one alone. But I don't think you should be worried about it. They're very territorial by nature.

Do yours play in the same area? I wish I could figure out how to split things up, it's so time consuming to have to take them out separately. I love play time, but it's easily two hours a day.

ROTFL...
Trying to imagine the appropriate response for a chin marking your leg..."I love you, too?"

One of the first chins I had used to get jealous real quickly. If I ever played with any of the chins before her, she'd smell it on me and always mark me by peeing on me. I learned real quick always to take her out for playtime first! As soon as I did that, she never marked me again!

Cheryl

Back