Do you think this is bad for my chinchilla at night?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kokoari

I got a chinchilla about 7 days ago, adopted him and he's 2 years old.
I placed him in my room, but at night I turn on a fan to go sleep.
I've been like this ever since I was really young. I would always want to sleep with a fan on. Not because it's cold, but mainly because of the sound that makes me fall asleep.
Do you think my chinchilla is bothered by this and I should move him to another room?

As long as the fan doesn't blow on him he will be fine. He could also will learn to like the sound because it will be 'normal' for him

Was wondering same thing.

I was wondering same things about keeping the ac and fan on and it being too much noise.

Glad to see this post.

I was wondering the same thing and hadn't considered the fact that chinchillas don't really benefit from air being pushed about the room in the same way humans do. I suppose its more about the ambient room temperature for them.

My chin I think likes the noise. He seems to think he's a race car with his wheel vroom vroom!

Yeah the fan should be no problem, but like everyone said, as long as it's not blowing on the chin directly. I'm sure your chin might actually like the white noise! My chin does :) (I think)

Back