Do you Remember?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MyNameIs86

Do you remember the day you became fascinated with hedgies?
If so post the story here, we'd love to hear all about it whether your first hedgie was a gift or you bought him/her after doing research etc.

I first became head over heals in love with hedgies 2 weeks ago, when I saw the report on the news regarding the Arlington Texas hedgies. I do wish i knew long before hand, i was clearly missing out on something great. I am going to be getting my first hedgie March 20, 2010 ( 1 month and 5 days).

POST your stories here with photos!

I :heart4: :hedgie4:

:needpics:​

Last edited:
I remember very well. I saw this video on cute overload. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPhpsIK7pDc

I love all the "little fuzzies" but am allergic to most of them. I had been pining over a guinea pig for so long. When I saw the video I had a gut feeling hedgies would be the fuzzie for me. After some research I was sure, they have hair not fur. Even though I would still love a guinea pig, I wouldn't trade hedgies for anything.

My "little fuzzy"

DSC_0155.jpg

ah.. it was two years ago. =] i was watching videos on youtube and came across "boogie boogie hedgehog song" and i instantly fell in love. SO after talking to TONS of people, and we only have one breeder in ohio so.. i went to my local pet store to see if she knew anyohe that raised them and she had just had someone bring one in 2 days ago. she looked healthy and was to the vet (she showed me papers) the day before they brought her in. and thats how i got my first hedgie. Chloee. im gong to attach some pics of chloee. I do have other hedgies. =] but this post is about chloee. so =]]
chloeebutt.jpg

Chloee.jpg

These are wonderful stories and pictures. Thank you. I hope I see more!

Awwww.. what a nice idea for a thread. It was our state fair in September 1996. There was a hedgehog breeder there with hedgies on display. I spent a majority of my day at that booth asking questions and begging for more lap time. I was 16 years old. After being extremely pesky.. I am sure that is how they saw it at least.. I was eventually sent om my way with brochures, how to guides, and a breeders pamphlet. Well.. a year went by.. I was at the fair that day with my boyfriend at the time. I had broke up with him that fall shortly after. That Spring while rehearsing for "Bye Bye Birdie"(an elvis type play/musical). HE showed up with a cat carrier.. and inside this cat carrier was my first hedgie. I called him Marvin. I didnt keep the boy(human that is).. but hedgies became a lifetime love. Sadly the only photos I have were ones I developed myself in photography class. This was before i stepped up to the modern world of digital photography. Marven went to college with me and back. He passed a wrinlkly old man about 5 years later. He was an adult of unknown age when I got him. I really dont know exactly where said boy came up with him. LOL

Latest posts

Back