Do chins like tapping?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AK23

When I have Louie out for playtime, he will go in and out of his cage. Sometimes he sits in his cage for a while, but when I tap my finger against something hard, he comes running over about 85% of the time. Do they like the noise or is it only him?

I have my most of my chins trained to come to wherever I am tapping. They know that when I tap on a shelf they are either getting a treat or a toy.

I also trained my chin Lenora to come to me when I tap. If I tap the self at the front of her cage she gets a treat when she comes over.

She comes to me when I tap during play time.

My new rehomes were trained to come for their vitamin c tablets when the jar gets shaken.

I actually developed a rhythmic pattern of tapping on the empty dusthouse to let the boys know it was time to have a dustbath. No matter what I tap on, if I do the dustbath pattern, they all 3 sit up and get excited!!!

They are VERY smart!!!

yep, chins are very smart. He's probably relating the tapping noise to something else like getting a treat or a scritch. My boys know to come to a kissy noise, even when they're out for playtime they come up and give me a kiss if i do that noise and when they're in the cage and i make that noise they get their treat :)

mine hate tapping and run away from it every time.
scratching my fingernails on something on the other hand makes them come running 100% of the time and if i do that on the roof of their bathhouse? holy cow they kick into overdrive.

if i had to guess id say that any scratching sound comes close to the sound of one of them flippin around in their bathhouse but since im not a chinchilla, i may never really know...lol

My chins come to get picked up when I tap on a shelf. They come to the front of the cage to kissing noises. They are pretty smart little ones.

Latest posts

Back