Do Any Of Your

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xBrianx619

Android Enthusiast
Chinchillas sleep like this? Lol. Got home from shopping today and saw him sleeping like this.

IMG_0631.jpg

my Guss snoozes like that now and then, but only in the corner of the cage nearest to the hallway door. guess he figures he's gotta keep an eye on that door....... lol!

i notice you have a plastic wheel and 'igloo' in your chin's cage. plastic is very unsafe for chins, as they can chew and ingest it and get an impaction. as well, that wheel isn't a large enough diameter to be safely used.

The wheel isn't in his cage. It never was actually. Someone gave me it and I'm trying to sell it. Haha as far as the iggloo goes, I'm gonna build a wood house for him soon, but he doesn't bite the igloo at all. The fleece cover is in the washer ;)

My Bam Bam sleeps like t hat near his saucer wheel. at 1st i was worried but he looked so cute and happy. hehe

Haha I'm thinking about getting a flying saucer, but I've read that it distorts their natural way of running due to them having to position their bodies a certain way or something like that, and also that its better to introduce them to wheels at a young age or else they won't use them...is this true??

not true at all, on both accounts. from what i've read, most chins accept a wheel no matter what their age. as for the 'position their bodies a certain way', i think the flying saucer makes for a more natural movement than a regular wheel would.

Seconding the "horse pucky" sentiments on never learning a wheel as adults. I introduced two of mine to a wheel about 2 mo. ago now. Both chins are 3+ years old. One had it down in less than 10 min, and I know he'd never seen or had a wheel before. The other took maybe 15 min to get the general hang of it, but he's much more timid on the whole (and a little bit of a klutz).

most chins accept a wheel no matter what their age.

Not true for a few of my own and a few of the rescues here. I have 2 of my own chins that will not use any type of wheel and a couple rescues that would not touch any type of wheel either. The rest have a variety of wheels, saucers, ed wheels and chin spins.

Hmmm I see. So what do you guys think? flying saucer or chin spin??or are there any other wheels out there? so far those are the top two on my list..

Yes, my chins sleep like that too. It's so funny and adorable! Tribble looks like a buddha chin when he does..

www.chinchillas.com sells the silver surfer wheels. I recently purchased two and love them!

Yuki sleeps standing up sometimes not even propped up against the cage. She's so silly.

Attachments

• sleepingstanding.jpg
    sleepingstanding.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 7

Latest posts

Back