DIY aisle runner

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

konayipark

baby_godzilla
In a few months, I'm going to be a bridesmaid (first time!) for a very good friend, and she asked me to paint her an aisle runner, much the same way I made mine a year prior:

07888084fcc2cd22dda6a735d1442beb_m
<--from my wedding

Just wanted to share with you how her runner turned out:
6e115733dea9ce4174861383734f960e_m

[Adorable bird image is her wedding motif.]

Now, just to figure out how to ship this behemoth bolt of fabric over to New York! :confused:

Very, very nice... I would have been jealous I didn't have something like that for my wedding, but mine was at the beach so we didn't exactly have an aisle runner :)

I'm sure your friend will love it! Good luck figuring out how to get it there and enjoy the wedding!

I can't decide to do an aisle runner or not -- I want one, but I've heard horror stories about brides tripping and getting their heels caught.

How did you do the monogram so well though? I'm getting married in September, and I think I'm just going to take the risk of the aisle runner. It just finishes the whole ceremony look so well... I'd like to monogram it myself if possible, as it costs a lot to get it done professionally!

I can't decide to do an aisle runner or not -- I want one, but I've heard horror stories about brides tripping and getting their heels caught.

How did you do the monogram so well though? I'm getting married in September, and I think I'm just going to take the risk of the aisle runner. It just finishes the whole ceremony look so well... I'd like to monogram it myself if possible, as it costs a lot to get it done professionally!
Painting your own runner is a great way to personalize your wedding. Here's how I did mine & my friend's:

1. I used a 40% off coupon for Joann's and bought enough yards of white, bleached muslin to stretch the length of the ceremony aisle.
th_IMG_7127.jpg

2. Buy some paint.
th_IMG_7126.jpg

3. Design your monogram (I did mine in Publisher).
th_JennyJaeaislerunner2.jpg

4. Print it out & tape it back together.
th_IMG_7129.jpg
th_IMG_7135.jpg

[4a. Some people choose to project the image straight onto the runner with an LCD projector. Either way, same outcome.]

5. Place it underneath the runner and trace the image with a pencil.
th_IMG_7138.jpg

6. Paint.
th_IMG_7161.jpg
th_IMG_7162.jpg

7. Finished!
6e115733dea9ce4174861383734f960e_m

And because it's more of a cloth-like material, it minimizes the chances of slipping, in my opinion. Besides, if your father is walking you down the aisle, then just lean on him for support! :)

Thanks SO much for the DIY instructions! I'll give it a shot here within the next few months myself... wish me luck!

Back