Digging

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

munchkin

In my cage I have a metal pan lined with paper bags with pine bedding onto, and for some odd reason my mama chin just LOVES to dig through the pine like she's trying to escape. I've noticed that they all kinda do it sometimes but tonight I've been watching her and she's been digging like crazy and only in this one corner. Right now I have a piece of wood and granite on top of that spot. I really don't know what to do - let her keep digging or what. :[

How about offer a new toy or rearrange her cage?
If you can stir things up a bit for her, perhaps she'll lose interest in that particular corner.

I have two diggers in a cage. Bobo and GiGi are quite the diggers. I don't do anything to discourage it, other than push the shavings back in place everyday!

This was pretty normal for my chin she had a house that she would constantly dig all the bedding out of and one corner she constantly dug in. There isn't much you can do to stop it, it's just something they do and as long as they aren't chewing through the cage then I wouldn't be too concerned.

Okay, thanks! I'm thinking of just not putting the paper bags to line the bottom since she likes to rip thru that anyways haha :p

Back