Different size testicles?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

holly89

I recently adopted one male chin, he was kinda obese (treats are the usual suspect) and managed to bring his weight down steadily... He has been with us for a week now, everything seems fine from top to well, bottom.

But I've just noticed that he had one testicle bigger than the other-- the bigger testicle was about 3/4 size of a ping pong ball. The other one was well, normal as compared to my other 2 chins. The bigger testicle doesn't look swollen (no redness) nor sensitive to my touch.

Need some opinions on this.

That sounds pretty unusual. Chin testicles are not supposed to be that big. I would have him checked by the vet. It may be nothing, but it could also be something serious.

Not uncommon for one to be larger than the other, but ping pong ball size sounds larger than normal.

Not only does the chin need a vet to check the testicle, never cut food intake to the point the chin loses weight fast such as you describe being done in one week, you are asking for hepatic lipidosis.

It doesn't sound like a normal testicle, and might not be a testicle problem at all, hopefully it isnt a collection of fluid (which would be quite harmless), and worse still we hope it isnt an abscess, but as you said it's quite normal except for size.

Ask your vet? Hope your chinny is okay, may need ultrasound to have a look-see as to what is actually in that mass.

Ok. This may sound dumb, but I'm still new to chins. I've had my boy for a month, we just did a hair ring check, but I didn't notice any testicles. He is only 5 months old, is it possible they haven't dropped yet? Are they like people in that regard? Or did I not look in the right spot? I know with with other male rodents it's almost impossible not to see them.

Latest posts

Back